A Year in Books - The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

Source : Amazon

Finally, I got a chance to review this book. It was one of my reading list in April. To be honest, I picked up this book just because of its cover. Too red and too annoying. Moreover this book is one of NYT Best Seller, and has so many good reviews on Amazon. Most of ppl give five stars for it. 

In a nutshell : tells us about how to stop giving a f*ck for all of aspects in life. Stop pretending to be a positive person. Happiness is a bullshit. We need to be honest with our-self. Become a better person and grow our positive mindset. 

What I love from this book is it tells everything explicitly, o m g! Different from another self-help-book that I've read. The author give a relatable case-study for each theories that he writes on it. And of course you'll read many of fuck word on it. L O L. 

Read this book if you're in one of those conditions : 
  • Tired about happiness theory 
  • Broken-heart syndrome or all about relationship issues 
  • Difficult to say "NO" for someone's request
  • Feeling insecure 
  • Confusing about life
  • Wanna find definition of joy and how to become more happy everyday
  • Always pleased everyone 
  • endless reasons :p
Such a best choice to buy this book. I never regret it. Thing that I've done after finished it was telling my friends to READ THIS BOOK. 

Here are some of my favorite part : 

Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience
Based on my own story, lately I had so many "if I was not-stories" that killed my mind. So many things that I hope never happen in life. But It already happened. I gave to many fuck in that part. I was being sick about it. (Haha and now I feel a little ashamed to remember that moments, It was not me. I never care about unimportant things)

Yes we can't escape the negative things, only backfires. You should accept it no matter what. You must learn from mistakes. I am quite good about "forgetting-thing". I am far from sensitive-type-of-girls that's why I have more boy-friends rather than girl-friends. Reading this book makes me realize if I am not crazy. There's a subtle art of not giving a fuck.

Suffering from our fear will help us to learn about courage and perseverance. Yes I learned to build my courage from this book. The author has a good perspective and match with my thinking-style. HAHA.

Read more : How I evaluate my self and face my mistakes and How to conquer negative thinking


Most of us struggle throughout our lives by giving too many fucks in situations where fucks do not deserve to be given
It's damn true. Do not give a fuck for something that don't deserve your attention. Yes I've ever been in this condition. I kept thinking about bullshit-things that don't deserve my attention. I missed my priority. I forgot my goals. I was too care about everything that I can't control.

When you are in this situation, just make a step-back. Open your journal and reread your own target and dream in life. Hopefully it can remain you about the differences between you should do it or it's not my business. 

Read more : Positive Mindset 1o1

The author explained the definition of not giving a fuck with 3 points :

  • Not giving a fuck does not mean being indifferent, it means being comfortable with being different
  • To not give a fuck about adversity, you must first give a fuck about something more important than adversity
  • Whether you realize it or not, you are always choosing what to give a fuck about
This book will help us to laugh at our tears as we cry them, face our greatest fears. Moreover, I also learned about pain-theory on it. My favorite and unforgettable quote is "Pain serves a purpose". As much as we hate pain, is useful. I agree! Pain really teaches me to not make the same mistakes. It shows me what is good or bad. Thanks for the pains that I've got so far. My brain has been busy to prevent the mistakes. 

We can't stop the problems. As part of growing older, our problem merely get upgraded. Haha. 
Before, we're just confused about what will we eat for lunch or dinner and now we are jumpy about LIFE. To be happy we need something to solve. Happiness is about solving the problem. AGREED!
So you should find something that you enjoy having and solving. It's all about get to know yourself. 


Every of us deserve to be happy, become extraordinary. It's all about our mindset. Our value determine the nature of our problems, and the nature of our problems determines the quality of our lives. What you do will show who you are. Karma is exist. 

I really recommend you to read this book. It can change the way you face the problem. If you want to change how you see your problem, you have to change what you value and/or how you measure failure/success. 

It depends on your value and matrix. Happiness is a problem. Why I am not happy? Yup maybe there are something wrong with your value and matrix. Too high or too low. Prioritizing the value.


Love,


Novella



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram